Mike Smith likely saved multiple grade I winner Shared Belief from additional injury by pulling him up in the April 18 Charles Town Classic (gr. II), as diagnostic work revealed a non-displaced fracture of his right hip.
Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
Sire Indian Evening, a graded stakes-placed and stakes-winning son of Indian Charlie standing at Victory Rose Thoroughbreds, had his first foal drop Jan. 21 at Victory Rose.
Hall of Fame jockey Alex Solis became the 29th North American jockey to win 5,000 races when he reached that milestone Jan. 1 when he rode longshot Lutine Belle to victory in the Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita Park.
Shared Belief bounced back from a horrible trip in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) with his third grade I victory of the year, holding off a game Conquest Two Step by a neck in the $300,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I).
Undefeated champion Shared Belief worked four furlongs in :47 3/5, handily, at Golden Gate Fields Sept. 23 in preparation for the Awesome Again Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park Sept. 27.
Odds-on favorite Shared Belief, ridden patiently by Corey Nakatani, swept past outsider Candy Boy coming into the stretch and easily rolled to his third consecutive victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes