A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Longtime Northern California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Kjell Qvale, a Norwegian-born automotive executive, died Nov. 2 in San Francisco at the age of 94.
Variety Road, a California grade I winner who battled such stars as Broad Brush, Snow Chief, and Ferdinand, was euthanized Jan. 14 at age 30 because of the infirmities of old age.
Prominent Northern California owners Harry J. Aleo, Robert Bone and Kjell Qvale will join a panel of speakers at the Thoroughbred Owners of California's free seminar, "Ownership 101 – An Introduction to Racehorse Ownership," on Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day