A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Longtime Northern California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Kjell Qvale, a Norwegian-born automotive executive, died Nov. 2 in San Francisco at the age of 94.
Variety Road, a California grade I winner who battled such stars as Broad Brush, Snow Chief, and Ferdinand, was euthanized Jan. 14 at age 30 because of the infirmities of old age.
Prominent Northern California owners Harry J. Aleo, Robert Bone and Kjell Qvale will join a panel of speakers at the Thoroughbred Owners of California's free seminar, "Ownership 101 – An Introduction to Racehorse Ownership," on Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton