A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Longtime Northern California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Kjell Qvale, a Norwegian-born automotive executive, died Nov. 2 in San Francisco at the age of 94.
Variety Road, a California grade I winner who battled such stars as Broad Brush, Snow Chief, and Ferdinand, was euthanized Jan. 14 at age 30 because of the infirmities of old age.
Prominent Northern California owners Harry J. Aleo, Robert Bone and Kjell Qvale will join a panel of speakers at the Thoroughbred Owners of California's free seminar, "Ownership 101 – An Introduction to Racehorse Ownership," on Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive