A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Longtime Northern California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Kjell Qvale, a Norwegian-born automotive executive, died Nov. 2 in San Francisco at the age of 94.
Variety Road, a California grade I winner who battled such stars as Broad Brush, Snow Chief, and Ferdinand, was euthanized Jan. 14 at age 30 because of the infirmities of old age.
Prominent Northern California owners Harry J. Aleo, Robert Bone and Kjell Qvale will join a panel of speakers at the Thoroughbred Owners of California's free seminar, "Ownership 101 – An Introduction to Racehorse Ownership," on Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill