A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Longtime Northern California Thoroughbred owner and breeder Kjell Qvale, a Norwegian-born automotive executive, died Nov. 2 in San Francisco at the age of 94.
Variety Road, a California grade I winner who battled such stars as Broad Brush, Snow Chief, and Ferdinand, was euthanized Jan. 14 at age 30 because of the infirmities of old age.
Prominent Northern California owners Harry J. Aleo, Robert Bone and Kjell Qvale will join a panel of speakers at the Thoroughbred Owners of California's free seminar, "Ownership 101 – An Introduction to Racehorse Ownership," on Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races