Juvenile colt stamps himself as one of Australia's most valuable stallion prospects.
When it comes to winter racing and training, Gerald Aschinger, who operates War Horse Place in Kentucky with his wife, Dana, said Tampa Bay Downs is an excellent spot to build a foundation for horses before they head north.
Kharafa had a an ideal trip to comfortably win the $125,000 Kingston Stakes from familiar rival Lubash May 31 at Belmont Park.
Aptly named Unbelievable Dream gave jockey Joel Rosario a remarkable fifth win at Keeneland April 18 when she charged from off the pace to capture the grade III Appalachian Stakes Presented by Japan Racing Association.
War Horse Place stallion Kitalpha, a full brother to Kingmambo, has died of cancer, farm owner Gerry Aschinger announced in Lexington Sept. 21.
Kitalpha, a full brother to prominent stallion Kingmambo, sired his first winner from his initial North American crop when his 2-year-old son Keg won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
Kitalpha, a full brother to major sire Kingmambo, will stand at War Horse Place near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap