Kiss Moon collared front-runner I'm Already Sexy in late stretch and thrust out her head on the line to win the $100,000 Old Forester Mint Julep (gr. IIIT) June 6 at Churchill Downs.
At its second session, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's October yearling sale saw a $400,000 sale leader and gains that suggest the auction could surpass 2013's record numbers, but buybacks were still trending higher.
The thought of capturing the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) under the Twin Spires with Carl Pollard's homebred filly Kiss Moon made trainer David Vance's eyes brim with tears.
Overcoming a slow break, Ipi Tombe showed her South African championship form in her American debut to register a no-sweat half-length victory in Saturday's $164,400 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. It was her eighth consecutive triumph.
The international reputation of Ipi Tombe has helped limit the opposition to only five rivals as the South African champion makes her American racing debut Saturday in the $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Carl F. Pollard's stubborn Kiss The Devil overtook Crystal Sea in the stretch and held off favored Quick Tip by a neck in Saturday's $168,300 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
The favorites for Saturday's $150,000-added Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs should have no problem in finding each other during the running of the 1 1/16-mile grass test.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby