Trainer Bill Mott put an exclamation point on his big Breeders' Cup weekend at Churchill Downs when the regally-bred Deluxe held on for a half-length victory in the $109,900 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov 6.
La Gran Bailadora came from far off the pace on the final turn to capture the $100,000 Distorted Humor Kentucky Cup Distaff (gr. III) Sept. 24, giving trainer Mike Maker three consecutive stakes wins on the Turfway Park card.
A well-matched stakes undercard featuring a pair of grade III events and two other races worth $100,000 apiece supports the WinStar Kentucky Cup in its return to Turfway Park Sept. 24 after a one-year absence.
Bettors should have a bonanza with Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 9 after 14 older fillies and mares were entered for the 1 1/16-mile turf event.
Askbut I Won'ttell switched off the hedge in upper stretch and ran down favored Kiss Mine and My Baby Baby to register her first graded stakes win in the $113,900 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 7 at Churchill Downs.
Kiss Mine, whose four-race winning streak was ended in an unplaced finish in the Abu Dhabi First Lady Stakes (gr. IT) one month ago, looks to get back in the win column in the $100,000 Cardinal Handicap at Churchill Downs.
Jason, Tom, and Les Instone of twinspires.com preview the Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) and the Abu Dhabi First Lady Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland on October 9. Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified