Leading the pack of Ohio breeders is Robin L. Murphy, who stands nearly a dozen stallions at her 80-acre Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio.
Led by a $260,000 Cherokee Run mare, the Keeneland November sale racked up more gains at Saturday's fifth session Nov. 9, and surpassed 2012's total gross with six days left in the auction.
Poplar Creek Horse Center in Ohio has scheduled its stallion open house Jan. 26.
A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Arbuckle Bandit, ridden by Brice Blanc, unleashed a furious stretch rally while six or seven wide to win a remarkable four-horse photo finish in Saturday's $169,800 Commonwealth Turf for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Fab Oak Stable and Team Derby Dreams Stable's Stream Cat has been installed as the lukewarm 9-2 morning line favorite in the 14-horse field of 3-year-olds entered for Saturday's $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT), presented by Jack Daniel's, at Arlington Park.
Kingship, a son of the 2000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIIT) victor King Cugat, gamely held on to win the 2006 edition by a nose over the fast-closing Proudinsky.
Pin Oak Stable's Equal Opportunity, recent winner of the Awad Stakes at Arlington Park, is the 3-1 morning-line favorite for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Classic (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup