Mother Goose, United Nations, Prairie Queen's Plate, Meadows Cornhusker Handicap, Smile Sprint Handicap, Princess Rooney Handicap, King Edward, Highlander, Dance Smartly, James Penny Memorial, Carry Back, Singspiel...
Making only his second start in North America, 5-year-old Royal Oath came three-wide into the stretch then out-dueled pacesetter Ice Bear to earn his first victory in more than a year June 28 in the $309,400 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
The California-bred Bilo, making just his third start since November of 2005, held off favored Surf Cat in the final strides to earn his first grade I victory while upsetting Saturday's $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap at Hollywood Park.
After two starts in the United States, Wando, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes his 2004 Woodbine debut on Saturday in the $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby