Fly Down, who placed in some of America's most prestigious races, including the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), may not return to the United States following the Dubai World Cup.
Alysheba, a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year, was euthanized March 27 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute near Lexington.
Two-time champion and 1988 Horse of the Year Alysheba returned to his Kentucky roots Oct. 31 and took up residence at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions, where he will be admired by the fans he thrilled in his Hall of Fame career.
Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba is returning to the United States from Saudi Arabia. He will reside in the Hall of Champions at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Premium Tap, who goes by the name Allam in Saudi Arabia, won his first start back since finishing a game second to Invasor in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I). The son of Pleasant Tap captured the one-mile Almadinah Almonawarah Gov. Cup by 1 1/4 lengths on Sept. 14.
A disappointed John Kimmel confirmed Wednesday that Premium Tap, runner-up to Invasor in the $6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), will remain in Saudi Arabia to point for next year's King's Cup, which the colt won this year, and possibly another try at the World Cup.
Connections of American star Premium Tap gave the "thumbs up" following his final major workout before the US$6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident