John Oxley's Madly Truly overtook game pacesetter Morant Bay in deep stretch and held on for a convincing win over late-running Unspurned in the Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 5 at Woodbine.
Castleton Lyons Farm's Gio Ponti rallied past Get Stormy and Sidney's Candy in deep stretch to win the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) for the second consecutive year Oct. 8 at Keeneland.
A daughter of Giant's Causeway led the way at the Arqana breeze-up sale at Saint-Cloud in France, bringing €260,000 ($369,585 in U.S. funds) May 14.
Champion Gio Ponti niftily split horses in deep stretch and went on to win the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) Oct. 9 at Keeneland to notch his sixth grade I score.
Son of Tale of the Cat dominated the turf division in a season that lacked a main track standout; finished second to Zenyatta in the Breeders' Cup Classic
Castleton Lyons' homebred won four consecutive grade I turf races, ran second in the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic (gr. IT) and Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Making her stakes debut, Miss World scored an upset in the $300,000 Garden City Handicap (gr. IT) when odds-on choice Gozzip Girl had all kinds of trouble on a soft Belmont Park inner turf course Sept. 12.
Castleton Lyons' Gio Ponti notched his fourth consecutive grade I victory Aug. 8 at Arlington Park, as he rolled to a 1 1/4-length win in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) under Ramon Dominguez.
Gio Ponti, off for more than seven months and making his 3-year-old debut, rallied from last to take the $100,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) by two lengths under Garrett Gomez June 6 on the Belmont turf.
From Central Kentucky to Deauville, France, the market for horse farm property is heating up.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board