Japan's reigning champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa uncoiled powerful strides on the uphill stretch at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse and won the $2,195,000 Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) in course-record time March 24.
Park Hill Stakes (Eng-II) winner Wild Coco topped the third day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale when she was purchased for 985,000 guineas ($1,664,863) by Keisuke Onishi on behalf of Tomoyuki Nakamura's KI Farm.
Lord Kanaloa stormed to a course record-setting victory at Nakayama Racecourse on Sept. 30, taking the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) by three-quarters of a length from defending winner and stablemate Curren Chan.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity