Japan's reigning champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa uncoiled powerful strides on the uphill stretch at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse and won the $2,195,000 Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) in course-record time March 24.
Park Hill Stakes (Eng-II) winner Wild Coco topped the third day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale when she was purchased for 985,000 guineas ($1,664,863) by Keisuke Onishi on behalf of Tomoyuki Nakamura's KI Farm.
Lord Kanaloa stormed to a course record-setting victory at Nakayama Racecourse on Sept. 30, taking the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) by three-quarters of a length from defending winner and stablemate Curren Chan.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire