Grade I-winning New York champion Giant Ryan, who fractured both left front sesamoids during the June 9 True North Handicap (gr. II), was euthanized at New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania June 14.
Giant Ryan ran his winning streak to five races when he collared pacesetting Irrefutable a couple of strides before the wire to win by a neck in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 9 at Calder Race Course.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale ended its record-setting run Thursday in England, posting its highest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow