Grade I-winning New York champion Giant Ryan, who fractured both left front sesamoids during the June 9 True North Handicap (gr. II), was euthanized at New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania June 14.
Giant Ryan ran his winning streak to five races when he collared pacesetting Irrefutable a couple of strides before the wire to win by a neck in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 9 at Calder Race Course.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale ended its record-setting run Thursday in England, posting its highest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- TOBA October Member of the Month