Grade I-winning New York champion Giant Ryan, who fractured both left front sesamoids during the June 9 True North Handicap (gr. II), was euthanized at New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania June 14.
Giant Ryan ran his winning streak to five races when he collared pacesetting Irrefutable a couple of strides before the wire to win by a neck in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 9 at Calder Race Course.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale ended its record-setting run Thursday in England, posting its highest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel