Garden State racing star Who's the Cowboy has been retired and in the next day or two will return to the New Jersey farm where he was born.
Kevin Sleeter will send out homebred Talkin About Love in the $70,000 Red Cross Stakes May 9, the opening day feature at Monmouth Park.
Despite having her five-race win streak broken last month, Talkin About Love will be a formidable foe in the $250,000 Inside Information Breeders' Cup Stakes at Monmouth Park Oct. 26, a test for 3-year-old fillies going 1 1/16-miles on the main track.
Talkin About Love came into the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) having won her last four allowance races by a combined 19 3/4-lengths, but the 3-year-old filly had never won a stakes and never tried a distance of over a mile. She came from off the pace to score by 1-3/4 lengths Aug. 12.
For the first seven starts of her career, Exchanging Fire won but one race. Now, six starts and four wins later, the 3-year-old filly is rolling toward her first graded stakes victory as she headlines a field of six in the Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. IIIT) Aug. 12.
Gerry Sleeter's Who's the Cowboy was the star of the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival at Monmouth Park Saturday, turning in a powerful performance to make the $100,000 Friendly Lover Handicap his fourth straight score at the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown