Indiana Grand Racing & Casino will offer 36 Thoroughbred stakes valued at more than $4.4 million during its 2016 racing season, the track announced Feb. 25.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino will offer 37 stakes this year, including the Indiana Derby (gr. II), which moved from its traditional spot the first Saturday in October to mid-July.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, formerly Indiana Downs, is stepping into a new light in the horse racing industry beginning May 6 for a 120-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet.
Indiana Downs, which will hold all Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing in the state this year, has filled key positions and plans a meet-long improvement project for its dirt and turf racing surfaces.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, citing an increase in pari-mutuel handle, raised most purses effective Sept. 27.
Arlington Park announced March 5 that they will offer a $500,000 bonus to the owner(s) of any horse that can sweep the Mid-America Triple at the suburban Chicago racecourse.
Arlington Park will offer its own version of the One Thousand Guineas for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on May 24--the $200,000 American One Thousand Guineas.
Weather permitting, starting Wednesday, July 5, Arlington Park will begin adding pine bark shavings to the dirt on the main track.
Arlington Park announced today that Kevin Greely has been named vice president of racing and racing secretary. Greely joins Arlington Park following more than a decade with the Emirates Racing Association and Dubai Racing Club, where he served as secretary to the association and racing secretary.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride