In seventh place with a furlong remaining and seemingly out of contention, Indescribable made a furious run from the middle of the racetrack and caught Long Approach in the final stride to take the $113,400 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head on the Churchill Downs turf Nov. 15.
Less than two weeks after being caught at the wire in the Lamplighter Stakes, Bill Mott will send Prussian back to the starting gate in the $100,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 6 at Belmont Park.
Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) runner-up Elysium Fields and impressive allowance winner Big Brown turned in works this week in preparation for the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup