The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has announced the distribution of more than $12.8 million in Kentucky Breeders' Incentive Fund awards.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted Oct. 27 to recommend revised regulations designed to protect non-race breeds that participate in the multi-breed incentive fund authorized by the state legislature.
Governor Ernie Fletcher signed an emergency regulation Dec. 15 to implement the Kentucky Horse Breeders' Incentive Fund, which will encourage and support excellence in non-race breeds in the commonwealth.
- By Tom LaMarra
A tax modernization plan unveiled by Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher during his "state of the commonwealth" address Tuesday night includes provisions for breed development programs for the horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- British Races to Support Small Breeders
- What Makes Byk Tick?
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present