Keeneland Association has been announced as a winner of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management.
Two lawmakers in leadership positions in the Kentucky General Assembly said Dec. 10 the issue of expanded gambling remains on the table, but whether a bill materializes depends on Gov. Steve Beshear.
Legislation introduced in the Kentucky General Assembly Feb. 14 authorizing a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling calls for up to seven casinos--up to five at racetracks--if it becomes law.
Representatives of Kentucky's horse industry said a strong endorsement of a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Feb. 9 indicates broad support for a statewide vote on the issue.
A study commissioned by a partnership of Kentucky horse racing interests shows that casinos at eight racetrack locations would have a first-year economic impact of $1.7 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride