Keeneland Association has been announced as a winner of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management.
Two lawmakers in leadership positions in the Kentucky General Assembly said Dec. 10 the issue of expanded gambling remains on the table, but whether a bill materializes depends on Gov. Steve Beshear.
Legislation introduced in the Kentucky General Assembly Feb. 14 authorizing a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling calls for up to seven casinos--up to five at racetracks--if it becomes law.
Representatives of Kentucky's horse industry said a strong endorsement of a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Feb. 9 indicates broad support for a statewide vote on the issue.
A study commissioned by a partnership of Kentucky horse racing interests shows that casinos at eight racetrack locations would have a first-year economic impact of $1.7 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely