Keeneland Association has been announced as a winner of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management.
Two lawmakers in leadership positions in the Kentucky General Assembly said Dec. 10 the issue of expanded gambling remains on the table, but whether a bill materializes depends on Gov. Steve Beshear.
Legislation introduced in the Kentucky General Assembly Feb. 14 authorizing a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling calls for up to seven casinos--up to five at racetracks--if it becomes law.
Representatives of Kentucky's horse industry said a strong endorsement of a constitutional amendment on expanded gambling by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Feb. 9 indicates broad support for a statewide vote on the issue.
A study commissioned by a partnership of Kentucky horse racing interests shows that casinos at eight racetrack locations would have a first-year economic impact of $1.7 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins