The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders board of directors Feb. 5 released the nominees for 2015 KTA/KTOB Kentucky-bred champions and Broodmare of the Year.
Sweet Life, a daughter of Kris S. who is the dam of champion Sweet Catomine and grade I winner Life Is Sweet, was named Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
The board of directors of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders announced their Kentucky-bred champions and other award winners Wednesday morning. The winning connections will be honored at their annual luncheon April 25 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks