The West Virginia Racing Commission April 13 ordered payment of jockeys that were shortchanged on some mount fees at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races for almost seven months.
Several of the younger racetrack executives in the United States and overseas believe horse racing isn't going away any time soon--if the industry can adapt.
A panel of arbitrators has ruled that a trainer at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in West Virginia was discriminated against when the track refused to grant him stalls in December 2009.
A situation involving the ejection of the president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has been settled, an official said Oct. 5.
The president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has been ruled off the grounds of Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races pending a hearing on a request for a temporary restraining order.
Ken Lowe was elected president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, defeating incumbent Randy Funkhouser.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T