Jockey Jose Santos, seriously injured Feb. 1 in a three-horse spill at Aqueduct, was released from North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y., Friday afternoon.
Jockey Jose Santos, who won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Funny Cide in 2003, remained hospitalized Feb. 2 with serious injuries incurred in a three-horse spill at Aqueduct Race Course the previous afternoon.
- By Claire Novak
Kiaran McLaughlin, trainer of 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Jazil, has been named this year's MS Champion by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Kentucky-Southeast Indiana Chapter.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens has officially joined NBC Sports' broadcasting team, according to his manager, Kelly Weitsma. The Hall of Fame rider finalized a long-term deal with NBC earlier this month, and will co-host the network's horse racing coverage along with broadcasting veteran Tom Hammond.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens will make his first guest appearance on the ABC family series Wildfire March 13. According to Stevens' Web site, the two-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner plays jockey Augie French in "Break Down," episode 2009 of the drama's second season. Jason London and singer Aidan Hawken also guest star in the program.
Less than two months after his Nov. 26 retirement from racing, former jockey Gary Stevens is considering an invitation to guest star in the ABC original family series Wildfire.
- By Tom LaMarra
An organization first discussed last year to assist jockeys and exercise riders who suffer serious injuries was officially launched with its first board of directors meeting Oct. 28 at Belmont Park.
- By Victor Ryan
After hearing final arguments Tuesday morning, a federal judge said he will rule on whether to allow jockey advertising in this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) Wednesday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown