A West Virginia circuit court judge has rejected an attempt by Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races to keep the West Virginia Racing Commission from holding hearings for individuals who want to appeal ejections.
Revised regulations adopted by the West Virginia Racing Commission would allow the agency to take action against permit holders found to have knowingly sold a horse for slaughter.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted April 13 to ban the use of adjunct bleeder medications on race day and to adopt much stricter penalties for drug violations.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen