The owner of Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Peninsula Gaming, which owns Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino, for $1.45 billion.
Government and corporate officials in Louisiana are on a mission to make horse racing a key component of the state's marketing and tourism efforts, and at least one racetrack official believes cooperation among industry players could make Louisiana the preeminent racing state in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch