The owner of Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Peninsula Gaming, which owns Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino, for $1.45 billion.
- By Tom LaMarra
Government and corporate officials in Louisiana are on a mission to make horse racing a key component of the state's marketing and tourism efforts, and at least one racetrack official believes cooperation among industry players could make Louisiana the preeminent racing state in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory