A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
Del Mar fans became used to seeing multi-millionaire Sarafan from 2001 to 2005. This summer they and the rest of the country can see the gelding on television in the new series, "The Cleaner" on the A&E network.
Twin 2-year-old fillies owned by twin teenagers Kyle and Kayla Williamson competed in Santa Anita's first juvenile race of the season Wednesday. Though the fillies brought up the rear in the two-furlong heat, the family felt they had reached their goal by getting them to the race.
Apprentice jockey Eulices Gomez made his first ride a memorable one when he guided Neiman the Saint ($6.40) to a front-running victory in the first race at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- First Winner for Empire Way