A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
Del Mar fans became used to seeing multi-millionaire Sarafan from 2001 to 2005. This summer they and the rest of the country can see the gelding on television in the new series, "The Cleaner" on the A&E network.
Twin 2-year-old fillies owned by twin teenagers Kyle and Kayla Williamson competed in Santa Anita's first juvenile race of the season Wednesday. Though the fillies brought up the rear in the two-furlong heat, the family felt they had reached their goal by getting them to the race.
Apprentice jockey Eulices Gomez made his first ride a memorable one when he guided Neiman the Saint ($6.40) to a front-running victory in the first race at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound