Citing a lack of a critical mass of horses, Keeneland officials announced Jan. 6 that the April 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale will be put on hiatus for 2015.
Keeneland has set Thursday, April 3 for an under tack preview day for its April 2-year-olds in training sale.
A strong middle market helped pace the 2013 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale to solid gains in both average and median April 8 in Lexington.
A daughter of Unbridled's Song brought the highest price at the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale when she fetched $700,000 from Irish bloodstock agent John McCormack.
A Dixie Union filly and a Thewayyouare colt registered the fastest times for their respective breeze distances April 4 at the Keeneland Preview Show in advance of the April 2-year-olds in training sale.
Juveniles cataloged for Keeneland's upcoming April 2-year-olds in training sale will be showcased under tack for potential buyers during preview day, Thursday, April 4, beginning at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
The new April 2-year-olds in training sale format at Keeneland drew mixed reactions Wednesday night as consignors discussed the single breeze show followed by two evening sessions (April 8-9) of selling.
One Hot Wish, who established a world record mark for 4 1/2 furlongs, failed to meet her reserve to start off the 2007 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale April 17 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Most Popular Stories
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club