Despite a track security guard witnessesing the death of Slippin' Around, many questions remain unanswered after track security and regulatory officials failed to work together early in their investigation.
The trainer who failed to report the pre-race death of her horse to the stewards at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort this spring has received a penalty similar to those given for minor medication violations.
West Virginia Racing Commission officials said May 21 they are continuing an investigation into the April death of a horse at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, and are developing protocol to handle such incidents.
Officials looking into the cause and if any violations occurred at the time, and how reporting and protocol were handled after the death of Slippin' Around, who was scheduled to run April 19 at Mountaineer.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill