Despite a track security guard witnessesing the death of Slippin' Around, many questions remain unanswered after track security and regulatory officials failed to work together early in their investigation.
The trainer who failed to report the pre-race death of her horse to the stewards at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort this spring has received a penalty similar to those given for minor medication violations.
West Virginia Racing Commission officials said May 21 they are continuing an investigation into the April death of a horse at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, and are developing protocol to handle such incidents.
Officials looking into the cause and if any violations occurred at the time, and how reporting and protocol were handled after the death of Slippin' Around, who was scheduled to run April 19 at Mountaineer.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes