The Ontario government said April 1 it will provide up to $500 million to the horse racing industry in the province over a five-year period through the Horse Racing Partnership Plan.
The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack