The Ontario government said April 1 it will provide up to $500 million to the horse racing industry in the province over a five-year period through the Horse Racing Partnership Plan.
The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile