The Ontario government said April 1 it will provide up to $500 million to the horse racing industry in the province over a five-year period through the Horse Racing Partnership Plan.
The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic