The Ontario government said April 1 it will provide up to $500 million to the horse racing industry in the province over a five-year period through the Horse Racing Partnership Plan.
The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted