Kate's Main Man, the 2010 national claimer of the year who ranks third among Iowa-breds in career earnings, is one of three inductees to the Prairie Meadows Hall of Fame. The ceremony took place Aug. 2.
Gladding, a grade II winner for trainer John Sadler, will attempt to become the latest California-based horse to win the Texas Mile (gr. III) when the $200,000 event is contested April 23 at Lone Star Park.
See race photos of Brethren, Always a Princess and many more! View Slideshow
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Odds-on choice Win Willy unleashed his terrific stretch kick to win the $75,000 Fifth Season Stakes by a neck over Stachys with a well-timed ride from Cliff Berry at Oaklawn Park Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test