Representatives of the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network and the Southern Racing Cooperative approved a new agreement Oct. 19 to allow the export of CDSN racing signals to SRC member racetracks. Terms were not disclosed.
No one claimed the $5 million prize for picking the exact order of finish in this year's "Run for the Roses" as part of the first-ever international promotion connected to the Kentucky Derby.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin