Representatives of the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network and the Southern Racing Cooperative approved a new agreement Oct. 19 to allow the export of CDSN racing signals to SRC member racetracks. Terms were not disclosed.
No one claimed the $5 million prize for picking the exact order of finish in this year's "Run for the Roses" as part of the first-ever international promotion connected to the Kentucky Derby.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC