Favored Heitai ran his rivals off their feet with a comfortable front-running romp in the inaugural $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint the night of June 21 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel.
Southwest trainer Karl Broberg earned the 1,000th win of his career the night of May 3 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel when Heitai captured the $60,000 Need for Speed Stakes on turf.
Delta Downs' 2013-14 Thoroughbred season wrapped up March 15 with jockey Diego Saenz the only rider to reach triple digits in wins during the 88-day meet.
Javier Castellano led North American jockeys in victories and total purse earnings for the first time in 2013, while Todd Pletcher ended the year far ahead on the national earnings list for trainers for the eighth time.
Trainers Karl M. Broberg and Steven Miyadi will be denied all privileges of The American Stud Book for a period of one year effective January 1, 2013, the Jockey Club announced Dec. 27.
Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
For some, owning racehorses may be more about love of the game than making a lot of money--but that doesn't mean you can sustain that model over the long haul, owners said Dec. 6.
Schramsberg, who captured the $200,000 Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park, was named 2011 horse of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees