Dr. Karen Sanderson, who purchased three yearlings at the Keeneland September sale without authorized credit, had three horses repossessed earlier this year.
A $1.1-million Medaglia d'Oro filly that topped the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale was resold privately by Keeneland officials to celebrity chef Bobby Flay Sept. 13 after the original purchaser and his client were unable to provide sufficient proof of credit, according to Keeneland vice president Harvie Wilkinson.
Despite a filly by Medaglia d'Oro selling for $1.1 million and the session realizing a 3.9% increase in the number of horses sold compared to last year, day four of the 2008 Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11 saw declines in gross, average, and median.
Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms