With an increase in catalog size, more horses were sold and the gross increased at the Jan. 26 Barretts January mixed sale, which experienced declines in average and median.
The six broodmares, six racing prospects, four yearlings, one 2-year-old, and one stallion that were to be offered at the Barretts sale Jan. 26 represent the last vestiges of the holdings of the co-owners of Seattle Slew.
Karen and Mickey Taylor announced on Thursday plans for a complete dispersal of their Thoroughbred holdings, beginning this fall at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The odds of a horse becoming a champion are huge. So are the odds of a horse becoming a prominent stallion. Now, imagine the odds of a horse becoming a great champion and a great stallion. Now, take it to its maximum. Imagine the odds of a horse becoming a truly great champion and stallion. It was those odds, which Seattle Slew beat on both the racetrack and at stud in such a commanding way, that made him such a legend.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends