With an increase in catalog size, more horses were sold and the gross increased at the Jan. 26 Barretts January mixed sale, which experienced declines in average and median.
The six broodmares, six racing prospects, four yearlings, one 2-year-old, and one stallion that were to be offered at the Barretts sale Jan. 26 represent the last vestiges of the holdings of the co-owners of Seattle Slew.
Karen and Mickey Taylor announced on Thursday plans for a complete dispersal of their Thoroughbred holdings, beginning this fall at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The odds of a horse becoming a champion are huge. So are the odds of a horse becoming a prominent stallion. Now, imagine the odds of a horse becoming a great champion and a great stallion. Now, take it to its maximum. Imagine the odds of a horse becoming a truly great champion and stallion. It was those odds, which Seattle Slew beat on both the racetrack and at stud in such a commanding way, that made him such a legend.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes