With an increase in catalog size, more horses were sold and the gross increased at the Jan. 26 Barretts January mixed sale, which experienced declines in average and median.
The six broodmares, six racing prospects, four yearlings, one 2-year-old, and one stallion that were to be offered at the Barretts sale Jan. 26 represent the last vestiges of the holdings of the co-owners of Seattle Slew.
Karen and Mickey Taylor announced on Thursday plans for a complete dispersal of their Thoroughbred holdings, beginning this fall at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The odds of a horse becoming a champion are huge. So are the odds of a horse becoming a prominent stallion. Now, imagine the odds of a horse becoming a great champion and a great stallion. Now, take it to its maximum. Imagine the odds of a horse becoming a truly great champion and stallion. It was those odds, which Seattle Slew beat on both the racetrack and at stud in such a commanding way, that made him such a legend.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack