With an increase in catalog size, more horses were sold and the gross increased at the Jan. 26 Barretts January mixed sale, which experienced declines in average and median.
The six broodmares, six racing prospects, four yearlings, one 2-year-old, and one stallion that were to be offered at the Barretts sale Jan. 26 represent the last vestiges of the holdings of the co-owners of Seattle Slew.
Karen and Mickey Taylor announced on Thursday plans for a complete dispersal of their Thoroughbred holdings, beginning this fall at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The odds of a horse becoming a champion are huge. So are the odds of a horse becoming a prominent stallion. Now, imagine the odds of a horse becoming a great champion and a great stallion. Now, take it to its maximum. Imagine the odds of a horse becoming a truly great champion and stallion. It was those odds, which Seattle Slew beat on both the racetrack and at stud in such a commanding way, that made him such a legend.
Most Popular Stories
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel