Stalking Barefoot Lady, making her North American debut, seized the lead near mid-stretch and held on well to capture the $323,217 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) by 1 1/2 lengths on the Woodbine turf Sept. 16.
Laughing returns to Woodbine for the first time since last fall's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) as the likely favorite in the $300,000 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Sept. 16.
With horses invading from at least four countries as well as various parts of the U.S. for the Beverly D. Aug. 18, it is somewhat ironic that the 3-1 morning line favorite has been based at Arlington much of the summer.
The Beverly D. Stakes that is part of Arlington Park's International Festival of Racing is ripe with contenders who are hard to separate on paper.
Quiza Quiza Quiza overtook Beatrice Aurore in deep stretch to capture the Longines Lydia Tesio (It-I) at Capannelle Oct. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win