A colt by Stormello consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, agent, went to Bob Baffert, agent, for $300,000 to top the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s sale.
Buyers and sellers were encouraged by the 6.7% growth in the Keeneland September yearling sale's overall average price and an increase of 13.6% in the median. The positive results are a good omen for the November sale.
Winter mixed sale opens with a 13.2% increase in average and a 24.4% rise in median.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) recently revised the results for the 2008 August yearling sale on its Web site (www.obssales.com) because of new rules governing horse auctions in Florida that took effect in July. Sale companies now are required to disclose any horses that did not change ownership after being reported as sold.
The first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale ended with numbers close to last year's figures.
A yearling Deputy Commander filly and the Gulch mare Natkeeta sold for $95,000 apiece Monday in Florida to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's winter mixed auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Dubai World Cup Video Recap