Topped by the stakes-winning Red Giant filly Puddifoot at $120,000, the consignor preferred session of the Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale fell in virtually all key statistical categories Oct. 13.
Keeneland's September yearling sale begins Sept. 14 with a six-book catalog of 4,164 yearlings. Sellers and sale company are optimistic ahead of Book 1's three-day run.
On the heels of another record-setting 2-year-olds in training sale season, Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. will seek to keep the momentum rolling as the focus shifts to the next generation at its August yearling sale Aug. 25-27.
A colt by Stormello consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, agent, went to Bob Baffert, agent, for $300,000 to top the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s sale.
Buyers and sellers were encouraged by the 6.7% growth in the Keeneland September yearling sale's overall average price and an increase of 13.6% in the median. The positive results are a good omen for the November sale.
Winter mixed sale opens with a 13.2% increase in average and a 24.4% rise in median.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) recently revised the results for the 2008 August yearling sale on its Web site (www.obssales.com) because of new rules governing horse auctions in Florida that took effect in July. Sale companies now are required to disclose any horses that did not change ownership after being reported as sold.
The first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale ended with numbers close to last year's figures.
A yearling Deputy Commander filly and the Gulch mare Natkeeta sold for $95,000 apiece Monday in Florida to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's winter mixed auction.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby