Overlooked at odds of 10-1, Lady of Fifty found redemption as she took the overland route under Corey Nakatani to capture the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 3 at Del Mar.
Lady of Fifty charged down the outside to sweep past the leaders in the stretch, registering her first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Favored Lady of Fifty earned her third straight stakes victory at Golden Gate Fields when she once again led all the way to capture the $100,260 California Oaks Jan. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles