Pants On Fire drew away late to post a clear win in the Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 7 at Churchill Downs, completing the one-turn mile in a stakes-record time of 1:33.78.
George and Lori Hall's 5-year-old Pants On Fire took over in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) on July 28 at Monmouth Park after 3-5 favorite Take Charge Indy was pulled up with a condylar fracture to his left front.
Rain couldn't extinguish Pants On Fire as the multiple graded stakes winner easily drew off to win by 5 1/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park Feb. 15.
My Adonis, rebounding from an eighth-place finish in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) last month, opened up a big lead in the homestretch of the $99,000 Long Branch Stakes and held on tight to win July 8 at Monmouth Park.
George and Lori Hall's 2-year-old colt My Adonis delivered a winning performance in the $200,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes on the night of Oct. 22, setting himself up for an appearance in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot.
Odds-on choice Pants On Fire returned from his unplaced effort in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a smart two-length victory in the $195,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season