This year 2011 Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint winner Secret Circle will try to win the Sprint off a single prep race in 1 1/2 years, an accomplishment that would be similar to Da Hoss in 1998 Mile (gr. I).
Susan and Charles Chu purchase Super Ninety Nine at the OBS June sale...and come up with a starter for the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
The final shipment of European Breeders' Cup runners arrived at the quarantine barn at Santa Anita Park late the evening of Oct. 29, while others who had arrived earlier took to the track for the first time Oct. 30.
The Bob Baffert-trained Secret Circle carried a big lead into the stretch and then held off a rail bid from longshot Shumoos to win the inaugural running of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 4 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park