Zayat Stables intends to move all its horses from trainer Steve Asmussen.
Some of horse racing's biggest stars are stepping up to the plate to support New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program by pledging a percentage of their purse earnings from the 2013 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Zayat Stables' Paynter worked seven furlongs in 1:25 3/5 at Del Mar, Aug. 20 in preparation for his cross-country trip to Saratoga, where he will face a number of the nation's top older horses in the Woodward Stakes.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter, who was diagnosed with laminitis Sept. 4, continues to make significant strides toward recovery, according to the Zayat family.
Zayat Stables' grade I-winning 3-year-old colt Bodemeister has spiked a fever and will skip the July 29 Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Zayat Stables' Nehro, a dull sixth in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) in his last start, exited the race with an ankle chip and will miss about three months of training, the Zayat family said June 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works