Racing fans who stuck around for the last race at Saratoga July 21 witnessed a miracle. read blog
Cape Blanco and Teaks North, both two-time grade I winners on turf this year, headline a star-studded six-horse field for the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT).
Teaks North turned back a pair of strong European challengers to win the $750,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf July 2 at Monmouth Park, his home track.
Teaks North, biding his time for jockey Eddie Castro into the stretch, surged past odds-on choice Get Stormy near the sixteenth pole en route to victory in the $250,000 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf June 12.
After a day of legal maneuvering, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's denial of a license to trainer Rick Dutrow remained in effect.
Teaks North, who registered his first graded stakes win in the final jump of last month's Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) for a 25-1 shocker, is back in action in the $125,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 19.
Teaks North, by far the longest shot on the board, ran down Smart Bid in the final stride to post a 25-1 shocker in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) on Feb. 5
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm