Racing fans who stuck around for the last race at Saratoga July 21 witnessed a miracle. read blog
Cape Blanco and Teaks North, both two-time grade I winners on turf this year, headline a star-studded six-horse field for the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT).
Teaks North turned back a pair of strong European challengers to win the $750,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf July 2 at Monmouth Park, his home track.
Teaks North, biding his time for jockey Eddie Castro into the stretch, surged past odds-on choice Get Stormy near the sixteenth pole en route to victory in the $250,000 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf June 12.
After a day of legal maneuvering, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's denial of a license to trainer Rick Dutrow remained in effect.
Teaks North, who registered his first graded stakes win in the final jump of last month's Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) for a 25-1 shocker, is back in action in the $125,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 19.
Teaks North, by far the longest shot on the board, ran down Smart Bid in the final stride to post a 25-1 shocker in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) on Feb. 5
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury