Steve Weicholz isn't a newcomer to shopping at the top end of juvenile auctions. The Boca Raton, Fla., resident is the new owner of El Kingdom, whose $450,000 price topped the recent Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of in training. Three years ago, through Bill Badgett, Weicholz purchased Justin Rules, a son of Mr. Greeley, for $525,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic juvenile auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge