Steve Weicholz isn't a newcomer to shopping at the top end of juvenile auctions. The Boca Raton, Fla., resident is the new owner of El Kingdom, whose $450,000 price topped the recent Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of in training. Three years ago, through Bill Badgett, Weicholz purchased Justin Rules, a son of Mr. Greeley, for $525,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic juvenile auction in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt