Karl Watson, Mike Pegram, and Paul Weitman's Toews On Ice set a track record Sept. 11 at Los Alamitos Race Course, but the Archarcharch colt may not carry the recognizable red and yellow silks in his next race.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
Well-regarded maiden Rebranded came through in the clutch to win the $104,800 Riley Allison Futurity as the favorite Dec. 22 at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino.
Zia Park reported an overall handle increase of 14.29% for the 56-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet that concluded Dec. 3.
Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies