With a total of 1,195 head cataloged, this week's Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s Spring Sale of 2-year-olds in training, which kicks off Monday, April 22, should go a long way in meeting customer demand for quality juveniles.
Falling Sky, a 3-year-old colt by Lion Heart, sold for a session-topping $425,000 at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s winter mixed sale. Gross and average up during consignor preferred and the horses of racing age segments.
A colt by Elusive Quality brought a sale record of $350,000 to top the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2012 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age June 20 in Ocala, Fla.
If the results of the under tack show Feb. 28 were any indication, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training is in the process of making a successful transition to its new home, Palm Meadows.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) will test the yearling market with quantity at a time when some buyers might be cutting back on their purchases because of America's struggling economy. There are 1,342 horses cataloged for the auction, which begins with a select session of 230 yearlings Aug. 18. Three open sessions will follow.
Leprechaun Racing's Friends Lake colt among top prospects at OBS sale.
Tuesday's Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February auction in Central Florida is the first major sale of the juvenile selling season.
Norman Casse has stepped down as chairman of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. after 27 years, and has been succeeded by J. Michael O'Farrell, the president of Ocala Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses