With June's biggest race day seeing a significant decline in pari-mutuel handle, wagering on United States races for the month also declined compared with the same month in 2015.
A large increase in entries to more than 1,200 horses has prompted Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. to expand its June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age to four days.
J. Paul Reddam comments on his Triple Crown experiences, I'll Have Another's chances at winning the Belmont Stakes and more! watch video
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company is accepting supplemental entries to its June sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses in Central Florida. The entries must be received by May 30.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has cataloged 623 lots for its June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale in Central Florida.
She worked an eighth of a mile in :10 during the first session of the under tack show for the June sale.
The auction is scheduled for June 15 in Central Florida.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has cataloged 513 juveniles and 27 older Thoroughbreds for its June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age. The auction will be held in Central Florida June 16 and 17, with each session starting at 10:30 a.m. (EDT).
Liberty Rose, a stakes-winning daughter of Royal Academy, brought Aus$155,000 ($102,911 in U.S. funds) Wednesday to top the final session of William Inglis & Son's June weanling and Thoroughbred sale at Oaklands in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off