Keeneland has named Julie Cauthen as director of owner and client development. Cauthen will be tasked with expanding Keeneland's efforts domestically to draw new owners to the Thoroughbred industry.
Penny Chenery has been selected as the Honor Guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's Testimonial Dinner. The event takes place at Keeneland Sept. 30.
Donegal Racing announced Sept. 9 that Julie Cauthen has been named chief operating officer for the racing partnership.
Through day 13, the Keeneland September sale average is tracking 7.8% ahead of 2009 and the median to date has doubled.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale was hammered last year by the global financial crisis, suffering alarming downturns of 45.5% in gross, 39% in average price, and 42.9% in median price after a record-setting run in 2007. This year, consignors and sale company officials are hoping that, at the very least, the declines will slow down, but the odds are against a rebound during the auction's 13-day run, Nov. 10-22, in Lexington.
While the plunging economy was pounding other mixed sales late in 2008, the Fasig-Tipton November select auction generated spectacular results. The gross revenue rose 35.1% from the previous year while the average price and median prices increased 58.8% and 38.9%, respectively.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale bucked the prevailing negative trends in the Thoroughbred marketplace to post increases of 9.1% in median price and 5.7% in gross revenue during its three-day run that ended Oct. 28 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day