A competitive field of 12 fillies and mares is set to contest the Jan. 4, $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on Santa Anita Park's unique downhill turf course.
Idle for more than 11 months, Kindle will put her blazing speed to the test as part of a deep field in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course Jan. 5.
Glen Hill Farm's Ponchatrain was patiently ridden by Gary Stevens to rally in the stretch for a victory as the 2-1 favorite in the Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. III) on the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup card.
A winner of four of her five starts on the 6 1/2-furlong hillside course at Santa Anita Park, Purim's Dancer will try to earn the first graded stakes win of her career in the Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Consistent filly Unusual Way, a stakes winner in her only try on turf, is part of a well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies set to battle July 21 in the $150,000 San Clemente Stakes (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
After showing little in two prior stakes attempts this year, Ciao Bella Luna relished a return to a synthetic surface April 14 at Keeneland, capturing the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option