Idle for more than 11 months, Kindle will put her blazing speed to the test as part of a deep field in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course Jan. 5.
Glen Hill Farm's Ponchatrain was patiently ridden by Gary Stevens to rally in the stretch for a victory as the 2-1 favorite in the Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. III) on the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup card.
A winner of four of her five starts on the 6 1/2-furlong hillside course at Santa Anita Park, Purim's Dancer will try to earn the first graded stakes win of her career in the Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Consistent filly Unusual Way, a stakes winner in her only try on turf, is part of a well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies set to battle July 21 in the $150,000 San Clemente Stakes (gr. IIT) at Del Mar.
After showing little in two prior stakes attempts this year, Ciao Bella Luna relished a return to a synthetic surface April 14 at Keeneland, capturing the $150,000 Beaumont Stakes Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33