When he enters the gate May 20 at Pimlico Race Course for the Preakness Stakes (G1), just how well Conquest Mo Money can run will be put to its toughest test.
- By Jeremy Balan
- Thoroughbred Racing, Triple Crown, Midwest Region, Southwest Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Conquest Mo Money's odyssey across the country via truck and trailer will continue May 13.
Judge Lanier Racing's Preakness Stakes (G1) candidate Conquest Mo Money is scheduled to arrive at Pimlico Race Course May 14.
Conquest Mo Money, an Uncle Mo colt who was purchased for just $8,500, will look to become just the third locally trained horse to win the Sunland Derby (G3).
New Mexico's hopes for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1)—for now, at least—appear to run through Judge Lanier Racing's Conquest Mo Money.
The Downs at Albuquerque recorded increases in handle and purses during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse spring meet at the New Mexico track, which ended June 18.
Concluding its 10th season, Zia Park reported record all-sources handle of $536,316 for the 56-day meeting that ended Dec. 2.
McKenna's Justice, a 17-1 longshot, rallied in the stretch to catch Red Lead at the wire for a nose victory in the $217,000 Zia Park Distance Championship at Zia Park in New Mexico Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work