Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Hudson Landing came from off the pace to post an upset in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 28, winning his third in a row at Golden Gate Fields since being claimed for $50,000 in February.
Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes