Jockey Juan Hernandez won three consecutive races Feb. 20 at Golden Gate Fields, picking up his 1,000th victory in the United States in the process.
Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Hudson Landing came from off the pace to post an upset in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 28, winning his third in a row at Golden Gate Fields since being claimed for $50,000 in February.
Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan