Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Hudson Landing came from off the pace to post an upset in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 28, winning his third in a row at Golden Gate Fields since being claimed for $50,000 in February.
Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015