Jockey Juan Hernandez won three consecutive races Feb. 20 at Golden Gate Fields, picking up his 1,000th victory in the United States in the process.
Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Hudson Landing came from off the pace to post an upset in the $150,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 28, winning his third in a row at Golden Gate Fields since being claimed for $50,000 in February.
Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote