Jockey Joy Scott is in satisfactory condition March 29 following surgery a day earlier at Huntington Memorial Hospital to repair a compound fracture of her right femur, according to her son, Jesse Sanchez.
The Southern California racing industry is rallying around Joy Scott, a local jockey who was injured March 12 in a training accident at Santa Anita Park. A fund has been set up to help her with medical expenses.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would increase riding fees for California jockeys and tie future hikes to the state's minimum wage law cleared the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes