Jockey Joy Scott is in satisfactory condition March 29 following surgery a day earlier at Huntington Memorial Hospital to repair a compound fracture of her right femur, according to her son, Jesse Sanchez.
The Southern California racing industry is rallying around Joy Scott, a local jockey who was injured March 12 in a training accident at Santa Anita Park. A fund has been set up to help her with medical expenses.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would increase riding fees for California jockeys and tie future hikes to the state's minimum wage law cleared the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam