Jockey Joy Scott is in satisfactory condition March 29 following surgery a day earlier at Huntington Memorial Hospital to repair a compound fracture of her right femur, according to her son, Jesse Sanchez.
The Southern California racing industry is rallying around Joy Scott, a local jockey who was injured March 12 in a training accident at Santa Anita Park. A fund has been set up to help her with medical expenses.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would increase riding fees for California jockeys and tie future hikes to the state's minimum wage law cleared the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch