Jockey Joy Scott is in satisfactory condition March 29 following surgery a day earlier at Huntington Memorial Hospital to repair a compound fracture of her right femur, according to her son, Jesse Sanchez.
The Southern California racing industry is rallying around Joy Scott, a local jockey who was injured March 12 in a training accident at Santa Anita Park. A fund has been set up to help her with medical expenses.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would increase riding fees for California jockeys and tie future hikes to the state's minimum wage law cleared the Assembly Governmental Organization Committee April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000