Hayley Turner became the first female jockey to win the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 18 when she rode I'm A Dreamer to hold off the late charge of Marketing Mix at Arlington Park by a nose.
With horses invading from at least four countries as well as various parts of the U.S. for the Beverly D. Aug. 18, it is somewhat ironic that the 3-1 morning line favorite has been based at Arlington much of the summer.
The Beverly D. Stakes that is part of Arlington Park's International Festival of Racing is ripe with contenders who are hard to separate on paper.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile