Lucy N Ethel, two-for-two at Parx last year, went wire-to-wire in the Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 2 at Gulfstream Park. The daughter of During covered the six furlongs in 1:10.03.
It appeared Barbara Hopkins' Trouble Kid had earned his fifth straight win when he crossed the wire first in the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes at Laurel Park.
Trouble Kid was gunned from the gate and never looked back in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 19 at Parx Racing, holding off 4-5 favorite Limousine Liberal to win by a neck.
Matthew Schera's Cage Fighter got a perfect stalking trip and kicked clear in the stretch to capture his first stakes in the $200,000 PTHA President's Cup Sept. 12 at Parx Racing.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Yearling Sale Season Ends With F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted