Rebounding from an eighth-place finish in the Smile Sprint (gr. II), Newtown Anner Stud and Joseph Bulger's Falling Sky captured the $75,000 Trinniberg Stakes at Gulfstream Park Aug. 1.
Newtown Anner Stud and Joseph Bulger's Falling Sky won for the first time since the 2013 Sam F. Davis (gr. III), upsetting the Feb. 8 Gulfstream Park Sprint Stakes (gr. III) just over a year after his last triumph.
Trainer John Terranova confirmed April 21 that Falling Sky "is a go" for a start in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Falling Sky, winner of the Feb. 2 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs, was scratched from the Besilu Stables Fountain of Youth (gr. II) the morning of the race, as was maiden winner Sky Captain.
The sky was the limit Feb. 2 at Tampa Bay Downs, with Falling Sky and Dynamic Sky finishing 1-2 in the $202,500 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III). Falling Sky, a 7-1 upsetter, survived an objection to get the job done.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose