Longshot son of Roman Ruler takes the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) over Stay Thirsty and Brilliant Speed on a muddy track at Belmont Park.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
The final three races of Santa Anita's Sunday card had to be delayed after Sweet N Salty collapsed of exhaustion past the finish line of the sixth race.
Jockey Edgar Prado, an Eclipse Award finalist for outstanding rider last year, will face 11 other riders in the Tarde de Jinetes de Campeones [Afternoon of Champion Jockeys], at Lima's Hipodromo de Monterrico on Tuesday.
When it comes to Santa Anita's unique downhill turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs, the current "horse for course" is El Cielo, who goes in Sunday's $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing day of the 2002 Oak Tree meeting.
Despite the near-certain presence of Azeri, perhaps the finest dirt-running filly or mare in the nation, a field of six is likely for Sunday's $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on
the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly