Longshot son of Roman Ruler takes the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) over Stay Thirsty and Brilliant Speed on a muddy track at Belmont Park.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
The final three races of Santa Anita's Sunday card had to be delayed after Sweet N Salty collapsed of exhaustion past the finish line of the sixth race.
Jockey Edgar Prado, an Eclipse Award finalist for outstanding rider last year, will face 11 other riders in the Tarde de Jinetes de Campeones [Afternoon of Champion Jockeys], at Lima's Hipodromo de Monterrico on Tuesday.
When it comes to Santa Anita's unique downhill turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs, the current "horse for course" is El Cielo, who goes in Sunday's $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing day of the 2002 Oak Tree meeting.
Despite the near-certain presence of Azeri, perhaps the finest dirt-running filly or mare in the nation, a field of six is likely for Sunday's $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on
the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds