Longshot son of Roman Ruler takes the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) over Stay Thirsty and Brilliant Speed on a muddy track at Belmont Park.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
The final three races of Santa Anita's Sunday card had to be delayed after Sweet N Salty collapsed of exhaustion past the finish line of the sixth race.
Jockey Edgar Prado, an Eclipse Award finalist for outstanding rider last year, will face 11 other riders in the Tarde de Jinetes de Campeones [Afternoon of Champion Jockeys], at Lima's Hipodromo de Monterrico on Tuesday.
When it comes to Santa Anita's unique downhill turf course at about 6 1/2 furlongs, the current "horse for course" is El Cielo, who goes in Sunday's $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on closing day of the 2002 Oak Tree meeting.
Despite the near-certain presence of Azeri, perhaps the finest dirt-running filly or mare in the nation, a field of six is likely for Sunday's $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on
the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs